Home / Event
A seminar on “RFID for U” was organized at Mandala Hall, Hotel Jaypee Siddhartha, and New Delhi from 6 pm to 11 pm on March 5, 2022.
It was an event attended by AIDC professionals from Delhi NCR and other Northern States.
The inaugural welcome speech was given by Mr. S Prabhakar, the President of the Association.
A 2-minute silence was observed in the memory of the Mr. Viral Vyas, our Executive Committee member.
Mr. Prabhakar called upon Mr. Sanjive Mehta from RS Barcoders Pvt Ltd to brief the attendees about AIDC Technologies Association of India and AIM INDIA.
Mr. Mehta then spoke about AIM INDIA CHAPTER. He said that AIM INDIA has got permission from AIM GLOBAL to start operations in India. The name of the association has been approved as Association of Identification and Mobility and efforts are on to get the association registered as a Sec 8 Company under the Companies Act, 2013. The fundamental objective of AIM INDIA will be to promote, educate and be a resource body for anyone and everyone in India in order to increase the size of the AIDC pie.
To expand the operations of AIM INDIA, the trade bodies like FICCI, CII, ASSOCHAM will be approached to enlist them in the association. Various ministries will be approached to enable them to join the AIM INDIA in promoting the AIDC technology in India. Educational institutes will also be invited to join the association.
Mr. S Prabhakar with Mr. Manoj from Avery Dennison.
Mr. Gyan Pandey from TSC Printronix with the latest RFID Printer
A group photo of the members attending the seminar with the president.
AIM INDIA would be the knowledge dissemination body.
- It would concentrate on promoting AIDC Technologies in its entirety with Government of India, with various Trade bodies, with Academic bodies and Industry as such.
- AIM Global international experience of implementation of AIDC will be handy to promote similar solutions in India.
- The benefits of being member of an international body will be there.
- It was decided to move forward by copying the experience of AIM GLOBAL and replicating them in India with the help of Industrial community and Government of India.
- In nutshell AIM INDIA would spread awareness about AIDC and encourage organizations outside of AIM INDIA to start using AIDC and thereby increase the size of the pie. AIM INDIA would provide the PUSH to increase the use of AIDC.
AIDC Technologies Association on the other hand would concentrate on enabling its members to become more attractive to the end users in terms of knowledge, skills, sharing of experience, etc.
- AIDC Technologies Association would be concerned with generating more business by providing PULL amongst the end users.
- AIDC Technologies Association website would be promoted and enquires would be circulated amongst the members. AIDC Technologies Association members would gain from each other’s experience, case studies, webinars, interaction, etc.
Managers from Avery Dennison gave their presentation on types of labels they are manufacturing followed by a Q & A session.
Managers of TSC Printronix Auto ID gave their presentation on the types of RFID printers they are marketing. They explained the different categories of printers available with them. A RFID printer was also made available for everyone to see its functioning and printing capability.
Managers from Armor India gave an insight into the new merger of Armor with IIMAK, a leading company of North America.
Vote of thanks was given by Mr. Deepak Gupta.
Cocktail and dinner followed.